Selling at Auction
Auctions have become an increasingly popular method of selling real estate. An effective auction helps sell the property in a timely manner and market values are established. J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc. is actively involved in auction marketing with associates who are experienced real estate professionals as well as auctioneers.
Our brokers/auctioneers and their team work closely with their clients to determine an approximate value that can be anticipated from an auction. A detailed marketing plan is established to ensure that the property gets maximum exposure to potential buyers prior to the auction. This method of marketing has proven successful for all types of real estate.
Our auction services include:
- Value analysis
- Creation of a property specific marketing plan that exposes the property nationally, regionally, and locally
- Client support at the auction and through the closing of the sale
Why should you consider selling your property at auction?
- Buyers come prepared to buy.
- Quick disposal reduces long-term carrying costs, including taxes and maintenance.
- Assurance that property will be sold at true market value.
- Exposes the property to a large number of pre-qualified prospects.
- Accelerates the sale.
- Creates competition among buyers - auction price can exceed the price of a negotiated sale.
- Requires potential buyers to pre-qualify for financing.
- The seller knows exactly when the property will sell.
- Eliminates numerous and unscheduled showings.
- Takes the seller out of the negotiation process.
- Ensures an aggressive marketing program that increases interest and visibility.
- The auction creates a sense of urgency and brings interested parties to a point of decision.
- Auctions create maximum exposure for the property. Auctions are a concentrated effort, so the exposure and efforts are more intense and visible.
- The seller can set a specific date, time, and location for sale of the property.
- Seller controls all of the sale conditions and terms.
At the Weigand Auction Division, we appreciate the opportunity to cooperate with agents not only at our own company, but throughout the real estate community. Let us be another tool in your toolbox for both buyers and sellers.
Is an auction right for your seller? Call us today to find out more. A property can go to auction before it is listed for sale, or any time during the listing period.
Click here to contact Tony Utter with any questions that you might have about the process.